[TowerTalk] Gap Vertical, Verticals in general

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Gap Vertical, Verticals in general
From: ftbrady@cosmoslink.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 12:46:51 -0700
>ZERO  radials?  Really?!
>
>Now THAT must present in interesting match
>to a low impedance feedline!

Yeah, I know.  I should have said "approaches 1" ... I was reading a graph
which seemed to have a downward slope and was barely above the zero line at
a base height of 1.0 wavelengths.  The graph didn't go any higher.

>BTW,  the ARRL antenna book shows a considerable lobe
>at high angles as the base is raised above ground, in addition
>to the low angle lobe near the horizon.

As I said before, I haven't read anything about how the base height affects
the pattern.  I sure wish some of the modelers would weigh in on this.

73,
 Frank W0ECS