[TowerTalk] Mobile Antenna Mount

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mobile Antenna Mount
From: mwalker@geronimo.Legato.COM (Mike Walker)
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 11:34:24 -0400
Hi

Although it is a little large, I would highly recommend any of the
screwdriver designs.  (High Sierra being my favourite)

I've used hustler,  and the rest of the whips, but the tunable High Sierra
is signifcantly better on the low bands.

Mine mounts on the 2x2" trailer receiver mount and when used with a pickup,
this leave the coil free and clear.  (no hole setup).

By using the 2x2" receiver, I can move it quickly from one vehicle to
another...

cheers...mike VA3MW

At 11:20 AM 8/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>     Hope this is not straying from the main stream...
>
>     Looking for a mobile antenna mount for my Chevy CK-1500
>     pickup. Would prefer not to mount the Ball & Spring type
>     (Hustler) mount. Any ideas on other antenna systems that
>     require little or no surgery on vehicle ??
>     As bands get better, going back to mobile operation with
>     an FT-890 (85 confirmed so far.)
>
>     Tnx es 73 de Dick, W1KSZ.
>
>--
>Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search

Michael K. Walker                   Legato Systems (Canada) Inc.
Escalation Manager                       3390 South Service Road
(905) 637-4738                                    Burlington, ON
http://www.legato.com                                    L7N 3J5
pager:  1480111@pagemart.net