[TowerTalk] Whistling trap holes

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Whistling trap holes
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 06:23:06 -0400 (EDT)

> I promised I'd cool it awhile with the humor... but this whistling trap
> thing has intrigued professor Igore Helfenschmaltz of the Elvis Presley
> Conservatory of Music and Whistling Trap Phenomena.  He tells me he is
> quite familiar with the problem and that they are currently
> investigating a way to get the traps to whistle "Dixie."  On the
> drawing boards is a DX model that will also whistle "La Marseilles"...
> of course depending on which way the wind is blowing and ....whether or
> not you can find True North.

I could not resist helping Roger and professor Helfenschmaltz in their
efforts to so arrange weep holes in traps so that they played Dixie.  As
you know, I am located in the South, although not a native southerner.
However, among my personal aquaintances is Bubba Dumm Box, a local
entrepreneur who has extensive experience in the creation of gas powered
auto horns that also play Dixie.  He even knows which way the wind is
blowing, but finds "True North" a contradiction in terms.  If professor
Helfenschmaltz will contact Bubba, I am sure a windy exchange will ensue.

Please excuse this foray into the outer limits of trap technology:
control is now returned to you.

-73-

LB, W4RNL