[TowerTalk] Antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna
From: aa4lr@radio.org (Bill Coleman AA4LR)
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 97 10:25:31 -0400
On 8/19/97 12:18 AM, Tim Gajewski at gajewski@erols.com wrote:

>I would like some suggestions on some good DX antennas for a small city
>lot.  I was thinking an R7000 maybe.

An R7000 isn't a bad antenna, but if you are really interested in working
DX, you're better off with a beam of some kind. Even a low tribander will
beat out an R7000 in most instances.

The R7000 does have the advantage of covering 7 bands fairly well.
Especially if you have an automatic antenna tuner in your rig.

I bought an R7000 originally intending it to be the second radio antenna.
So far, I haven't come up with the money for the second radio or the
tower for the A3S I have in the basement.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr@radio.org
Quote: "Not in a thousand years will man ever fly!"
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901