[TowerTalk] Tri-Ex tower query.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex tower query.
From: wb4mnf@atl.org (Bob Duckworth)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 21:00:45 +0100
Still working on getting this LM-470 permitted.
Engineering drawings are on the way for CE /PE
here to look at and stamp for city.
Tower is rated as 15ft**2 in 70MPH. Planned location
is at gable end of house and it's not too much extra work
to fabricate a house bracket.

I'm wondering if anyone has done the wind load calcs
for this tower when bracketed at the top of the bottom
section (19'5 ft from bottom). If so, I'd really appreciate
hearing whether it allows for more antenna and how much.
If there is anything to be gained, I'll have the engineer
design a bracket and do the additional calcs for the city.

Best news is that neighbors have no problem with antenna
hanging over their yards. One of the advantages of living
in an older in town neighborhood where everyone is not
obsessed with house appreciation.

-bob
wb4mnf