[TowerTalk] KT-34A Problem wasn't a KT-34A Problem!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KT-34A Problem wasn't a KT-34A Problem!
From: w5hvv@aeneas.net (Rod Fitz-Randolph)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:26:08 -0500
I need someone to take a close look at my head.  There must be a
hole where the almighty didn't intend it to be and through which
my brain must have oozed out!!!

Several of you kind souls that answered my plea for help with the
SWR situation on the KT-34A (that I had so lovingly reassembled
so carefully and by the book and all suggestions) suggesting that
I might try a different length (or just different) coax.

That got me to thinking.  I looked at the coax going to the KT-34A
and then remembered that it was rather old RG-9B buried for 250 feet.

I changed the coax feeding the KT34A to the 7/8" hardline that fed
the TH7 and VOILA!!  It works!  Beautifully!  Flawlessly!  Just as
the book says!

Thank you for jogging my aging and failing brain.  I am all smiles,
now!!

The solution will be to add the KT-34A to the TH7DXX, the 40-2CD,
and the Delta loop/inverted vee at the RCS-4 at the base of the
tower and all will then be fed from the hamshack to the base of the
tower (250') with the 7/8" hardline.

Thanks, all, for your help!!

Rod, N5HV