[TowerTalk] Nye Phone Number

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Nye Phone Number
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 1997 14:02:24 -0400 (EDT)
At 12:16 AM 8/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Does anyone have a valid phone number and location for Nye Engineering
>Co?
>
>The September, '97 CQ "The Digital Diapole" on page 41 gives the number
>as 305-566-3997 but this number is invalid. Directory Information there
>shows no such company listed.
>
>Larry McDavid W6FUB

There are two Nye companies.  The William Nye Company (now in Idaho) makes
the tuners, keys, and filters that were purchased from EF Johnson 20 + years
ago.  The Company in Florida is the Nye Engineering Company run by D. Nye
AB4OK.  The make the FS 73 Signal Cube digital field strength meter, tripods
for antennas and instruments, and other speciality items.  The number Larry
gives is the number I have altho I think the area code has changed.

The Nye Engineering address is:

4020 Galt Ocean Drive, Suite 606
Ft. Lauderdale, FL  33308

If all else fails you can look up AB4OK in the FCC database or call book.
He did update his material to me for the Amateur Radio mail Order Catalog
and Resource Directory (ARRL Pub #5242).

73, Dave K4JRB