[TowerTalk] chromemoly mast and wind load

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] chromemoly mast and wind load
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 10:43:06 -0400
Hi Bob:

You asked: "What is the optimum spacing (givin what I have to work with)
for these two yagis? With a lesser distance between yagis, the
manufactured mast extention at the rotor may not be necessary (top of
mast 15 ft above tower.)"

The answer is:  A whole lot more than 10 feet!!  The C4XL and the
Magnum 520 both resonate on 20 meters, don't they?  You would have to
space them much farther apart i.e., 1/2 to 3/4 wavelengths to avoid
interaction. Even at those spacings, the antennas would still "see"
each other, but you have a fighting chance of having a respectable
pattern. At a spacing of only 10 feet, why waste your money on the
Magnum 520 at all?  You will completely ruin any possible benefit of
that antenna by having it so close to another 20 meter antenna.

73, J.P. W2XX

J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."