[TowerTalk] staggering Yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] staggering Yagis
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 1997 08:50:39 -0400 (EDT)
I just put the results of a little modeling project at the site under the
title "1-2-3:  1 boom, 2-bands, 3 Elements Each."  The goal was to put at
least two 3-element Yagis on one boom of reasonable length (used 20 and 15
meters) and maintain the performance of each at as close to monoband
figures as possible, even if meant separate/switched feedlines.  Can do
with a 30' boom (the 20 meter antenna alone needs 24' of it for 8+ dBi
free space gain).  No extra elements, traps, or other complexities. Newer
modelers may be more interested in how I went about the task rather than
in the specific antenna.  Others may have some interest in one way (but
not necessarily the only way) to uncage the upper band gain without
exceeding a medium length boom.

Hope the note is useful to someone.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu