[TowerTalk] Moisture displacement

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Moisture displacement
From: w3svj@juno.com (N. S. FIRESTONE)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 08:20:25 -0400
Is there a pourable lubricant that is heavier than water? My rotatable,
tubular tower is resting on a two inch tapered roller bearing at the
bottom of an eight inch steel casing. The bottom of this casing is six
feet below grade. I have  half inch pipe outside of the casing to an
elbow and welded into the bottom of the case to draw off water that
eventually accumulates down there. I think that I never eliminate or pull
out all of the water and there always is some water at the bottom of the
cylinder. The roller bearing is raised off of the very bottom on a welded
up steel fixture but It would be comforting to know that all of the water
has been displaced by lubricant. Any thoughts on this chemistry rather
than electronic/mechanical problem?
73 de W3SVJ, Nate

W3SVJ@juno,com