[TowerTalk] Where can I find a manual for HAM IV rotor

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Where can I find a manual for HAM IV rotor
From: rcook@hiwaay.net (Roger Cook " KO4O")
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 01:10:09 -0700
Miller TE (Tom) wrote:

> I just took my rotor down for repair and discovered that I can't find my
> manual.  This is the CDE Ham IV rotor.  Mfg date says 1981.  Been up a
> few years.  The only problem is the indicator does not track well.
> Rotor moves find but the indicator will stick and then jump.  I had the
> top off and see how it works.  I sprayed some radio shack contact
> cleaner but didn't fix it.  Maybe I need to bend the contact down a
> little to give more tension on the wirewound resistor on the top of the
> rotor.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix it or where I can find a manual.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Miller
> WB8ICT
>
> --
> Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search
I have had the same problem several times, I have been able to correct
it everytime by usins fine sandpaper to clean the wirewound. Another
problem I have solved on the CDE 44 is the wiper arm being cut into
by the constant movement. I just took a 1/4 in piece of copper tube
about 1/2 inch long and split it and soldered it on the bottom of the
wiper. That was several years ago, no problems.

73 Roger,KO4O