[TowerTalk] stacking tribander/other yagi's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] stacking tribander/other yagi's
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O. Hachadorian)
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 1997 01:29:32 EDT
On Tue, 30 Sep 1997 23:35:51 -0500 Steve Narducci <nw9g@netusa1.net>
writes:
>I know that this subject has been adressed many times.  I have a
>tribander
>and want to
>put a cushcraft 40-2cd about 8 to 9 ft below it (no problems) however,
>I am
>looking
>at the hygain 12/17 meter duobander to put inbetween them.  would that
>work?
>Tribander is the hygain th5 mk2 and all antennas would have about 4 ft
>of
>spacing
>with tribander on top, duobander in the middle and 40 yagi on bottom.
>Thanks...Steve

I wouldn't put a 40-2cd anywhere near an 18 mhz antenna, since
the 40-2cd elements are third-harmonic resonant at 18 Mhz, and
will probably mess up the 18 Mhz yagi. In fact the 40-2cd makes
a good 18 Mhz antenna, with an swr of about 1.9, and very
pronounced front to side ratio. Drop me a line if you want to
hear it on the air.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
K6LL@juno.com