[TowerTalk] Phillystran Big Grip Installation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Big Grip Installation
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 16:38:18 -0400 (EDT)

<<  My
 concern is there is a slight gap between the wraps the entire length of the
 grip, but only on one side between the wraps.  The other side between the
 wraps is tight, with the wraps butting  up against each other.  It almost
 appears the cable is slightly too large for the grip.  The wraps are
 definately not pinching the covering of the cable in this slight gap.  Is
 this slight gap a normal occurence, or do I need to do the wrap again?  >>

Hi, Bill --

     This is my experience also. I haven't gotten overly concerned about it
but I haven't talked to the factory either.

     I don't think you can avoid having some gaps in the wrap because of the
pliability of the Phillystran. Since you're spreading the grip forces over
such a relatively large surface area, I don't think there's much danger of
damaging the pvc jacket. If I find out anything different, I'll let you know.

73,  Steve  K7LXC