[TowerTalk] Re: HL: Heading off an antenna restriction?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: HL: Heading off an antenna restriction?
From: buchholz@Alaska.NET (Les)
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 1997 18:43:12 -0800
Scott,

I'd suggest you get a copy of the zoning and building ordinances and read
the permit section yourself.  If vague or legal jargon comes up, have legal
counsel look at it for ya as these scenario's can elevate via appealing to
a zoning board, council and a district court.

Even if the zoning chief issues you a letter, he could be taken to task by
your neighbor if his decision is not within the law.  The zoning official
may have the authority (which is quite common in ordiances and regs) to
waiver conditions (for the tower) but waivers usually require written
declaration by the agency.  Waivers are also sometimes appealable to a
higher body within 30 days.  I'd get the zoning official's findings in
writting ASAP which is what you are planning and check into the possibility
and implications that it may in fact be a defacto formal waiver process.

good luck

Les - KL7J

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Date: Sunday, October 12, 1997 5:58 PM
>
> At 12:47 PM -0500 10/12/97, Dan Gannon, WA5ANF wrote:
>
> >He did NOT say he had a permit for the tower, only a permit for the
> >BASE.
>
> That is correct.  I was told repeately by the head of the
Zoning/Inspection