[TowerTalk] Tieing Ground Connections Together

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tieing Ground Connections Together
From: caconway@evansville.net (Casey Conway)
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 09:44:42 -0500
Dear Grounding Gods:

I am finally getting my Tri-Ex LM-354 tower up and have a grounding
question.  My shack and utility ground is approximately 100 feet from
the tower and its ground system (3- 8 foot rods with 1 inch strap from
the tower legs) which is on the other side of the house.  I am
installing a 3in  Schedule 40 run of pipe between the tower and other
side of the house to run my cables.  Sould I also tie the two ground
systems together with a 100 foot length of No 4 or 6 copper ground wire
which I would put in the pipe, or are the two ground systems far enough
apart so I don't have to do this.

Thanks for the help.

Casey K7CK