[TowerTalk] New towers/complaining neighbors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New towers/complaining neighbors
From: bryan@prodistributors.com (Bryan)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 10:45:47 -0500
        Back in the summer of 1993 we began construction on
the W5KFT contest station.  This station is located on a family
owned ranch in central Texas.  The nearest neighbor is located
2 miles to the NW who is the ranch foreman.  In other directions,
it is from 4-10 miles to the nearest neighbor.

        While we were stacking the first "tall" tower and had it
to about 70 feet (no antennas, no rotator, and no coax) we got
two phone calls from people that lived over 5 miles away saying
that their televisions were receiving interference from
our ham radio.

        As soon as they find out that you have an "antenna" you are
already in trouble.

Bryan W5KFT