[TowerTalk] "Small" Towers on city lots

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Small" Towers on city lots
From: RSOLOMON@systems.TEXTRON.COM (RSOLOMON@systems.TEXTRON.COM)
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 10:14:48 -0400
     In my case, I have a 100 x 100 lot and put up a Tri-Ex W51
     crank-up (I dislike hurricanes and we do get them in Boston).
     On top I put a Mosley PRO-57A and a Hy-Gain 402BA about 6
     feet above it. Now I know that is not optimum spacing, but
     my lot is a comprimise so why not my antenna system. In one
     corner of the lot I put up a HY-Gain Hy-Tower, modified for
     80 meter operation.
     All in all, it works just fine for me, I won't quote numbers,
     but my totals are adequate.
     One question for the group, I was looking at replacing the
     antenna combo with a single Mosley (PRO-67) and noticed the
     power ratings, CW 2.5KW, SSB 5.0 KW, RTTY 600 W ??? I thought
     CW stood for continuous wave, has the definition changed ??
     The RTTY de-rating scares me off as my AL-1200 will do 1000 W
     out (and some!!) on RTTY all day, as evidenced in some RTTY
     contests.
     Regards to all, Dick, W1KSZ.