[TowerTalk] Re: TopBand: Re: Sloped Beverage Terminations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: TopBand: Re: Sloped Beverage Terminations
From: w2up@itw.com (Barry Kutner)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 10:38:13 +0000
On 23 Oct 97, Charles H. Harpole <harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu> wrote:

> My 800foot unterminated Beverage hears practically nothing.  Going out
> with a gnd rod and resistor soon.  More news later.  K4VUD

I don't think that's your problem. I have a 600 ft Bev at EU that works
very well. Before the summer, at my annual taking it down
for the farmer, I noticed that the termination connection had opened
up. I'm not sure when, but it didn't have much effect on its
performance.
73 Barry

--
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up@itw.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club