[Fwd: [TowerTalk] 4 square or yagi ??]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: [TowerTalk] 4 square or yagi ??]
From: w0etc@ix.netcom.com (Larry Lindblom)
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 1997 19:20:29 -0500
--------------80090B57BF2989447506A2EA

After responding to Frank's message I realized he sent his message to me
and the reflector.  Because of that I'll forward my reply to the
reflector for all to see.

--------------80090B57BF2989447506A2EA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 19:10:08 -0500
From: Larry Lindblom <w0etc@ix.netcom.com>
To: Frank Donovan <donovanf@sgate.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square or yagi ??

Frank Donovan wrote:

> Larry,
> Based on your description I suspect your 2 element beam is not working
> properly!  Does it show decent f/b ratio?
> 73!
> Frank
> W3LPL
> donovanf@sgate.com

It seems to have about 15 DB of f/b and beats the old Gap Voyager (my
back-up 40-80 ant) by at least 2 - 3 S-units.  I at times have wondered
how well it is working but seems to pass all routine checks.  N0ni (my
home away from home) 11 miles east of here has 3 of the m2 3 el 40s but
even stacked and phased they can't compete with his 3 el full sized at 165
ft. I don't know if it is a M2 design problem or?  But, I'll probably sell
this ant and put up a 20 Mtr monobander or Quad as a companion to the TH-7
stack on twr 1.

73 from the land between 2 rivers (IA)

w0etc, Larry L

--------------80090B57BF2989447506A2EA--