[TowerTalk] Tilting vertical for higher angle radiation?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tilting vertical for higher angle radiation?
From: DavidHarper@tx.slr.com (DavidHarper@tx.slr.com)
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 13:26:52 -0600
I don't recall if I've ever seen anything on this:
Can I tilt my HF6V vertical, say 20 or 30 degrees, in order to get a
higher angle of radiation for domestic work in the opposite direction to
the tilt?  For example, can I (located in central Texas) tilt it towards
the southwest to get higher angles into the northeast?  And what would
this do to the lobes off of the "sides" of the tilt (towards the NW and
SE)?  The antenna is currently mounted on a ten-foot mast with a minimum
of elevated radials (more planned).
Nothing like a little last-minute experimenting before SWEEPSTAKES!
Thanks/73
Dave WD5N   <DavidHarper@tx.slr.com>