[TowerTalk] Force 12 Magnum tuning

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 Magnum tuning
From: Fatchett.Mike@TCI.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 08:39:04 -0700
> > What is the advantage of the Zagi configuration? Does it have some
> >  mechanical advantage or performance/pattern improvement? How far up
> >  the mast is the DE installed?
> >
>     Supposedly the elevated DE results in an overall lower takeoff
> angle.
> Maybe a cheap way to make your antenna "appear" higher.

I believe that it also makes your boom length of the other elements
appear longer.  Apparently the effective boom length is seen as the
distance from the upper piece to the other elements.  I hope this makes
sense.  If the 2 other elements are spaced 40 feet apart and the Zagi
piece is 14 feet higher, you might have an effective length of 60ft.
These are not real numbers just ones used for the example.  You could
figure it out with the Z=the square root of x squared plus y squared.

Where is Tom when you need him.

Mike
W0MU