[TowerTalk] Request for help: Sources Solar Panels

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Request for help: Sources Solar Panels
From: ki0dz@juno.com (Mary-Frances R. Bartels)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 17:42:29 MST
Hello Steve,
   Would you take info from someone who has made solar energy a hobby?
I'd first direct you to my personal web page (qsl.net) listed in my sig
file below where you will also find a photo of me on the roof with my
solar panels and an HT.  Click on "Station Setup" and you'll get a primer
on my setup complete with recommended reading and a list of the vendors I
used.  If you have any further questions I'd be happy to answer them
offline since this is somewhat off-topic.

On Thu, 20 Nov 1997 00:14:19 -0500 (EST) DavisRFinc@aol.com writes:
>Hi, I'm looking for reliable/quality mfr/distrib sources of 75 watt,
>24 vdc
   Solarex is my present favorite.  They have a 77 watt model with either
6 or 12 volt charging.  They can be "seriesed" to get higher voltages.
Twenty-four watts is a common requirement.

>solar panels and associated VR's, deep cycle batteries and low wattage
>fluorescant lighting (all items not necessarily from the same source)
   Solar panels as well as DC fluorescent lights can be purchased from
either of the vendors listed on my page (Kansas Wind Power, Abraham
Solar, Jade Mountain).  I would recommend you check local golf and
battery stores for the deep cycle batteries.  I use golf cart-type and,
locally, Colorado Golf (I think that's the name, not sure) had better
prices than battery places.
   Hope this is a help.
                                                       73,
                                                       Mary-Frances
                                                       KI0DZ, The Solar
Station

Mary-Frances R. Bartels  KI0DZ DM79lt  Denver CO  (((#)))   ^     ^
http://www.qsl.net/ki0dz  ki0dz@juno.com             |       ^ - ^
Watkins products Rep. #92389                      -------    (o o)
***Let US scan your photos and documents!***      |ooOoo|  >{  |  }<
http://www.freeyellow.com/members/beyond-infinity -------         RRR)*