[TowerTalk] Swinging gate side mounts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Swinging gate side mounts
From: kd4wiw@ipass.net (Stephen Vinson)
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 20:38:22 -0800
Gary A. Nieborsky PE wrote:

I'm starting into next years tower projects and want to know if anyone
has tried this:

I want to move my TIC rotor down to rotate a second KT34XA but to do so
means side mounting my 40-2CD (which now rotates on the TIC) on a
swinging gate contraption.  Unfortunately the existing TIC position is
right above the top guy mount and to keep the existing boom height I
think I'll need to mount the side mount bracket above the guy bracket
and hang the beam below the rotor.

Forgive the artwork......AutoCAD is my choice of drawing media.

|----|
|    |        <------ sidemount swinging thingy
|    |
|    |________
|    |             |
|----|             |
| \                 O  <------ 40-2CD
|   \
|     \
|       \
          \
            \

Anybody done this?  Does the IIX mount allow for this?

Thanks!

73 Gary K7FR

Gary

What type of tower and what are the dimentions of the antenna?  Do you
want the side mount arm to swing or simply hold off the rotor?

I have seen side arms on Rohn 25G that held TV antennas for cable
company
that were 21' long and were end mounted.  I have several swing mounts
that I have made to allow verticle antennas to be serviced at the tower
and swung out to use.  I can provide drawings or GIF / JPG images if
anyone would like to see them.

Gary drop me what you are thinking of and I will respond directly

Steve
KD4WIW

E-mail:   kd4wiw@ipass.net
Home Page:  http://www.ipass.net/~kd4wiw