[TowerTalk] Antenna interactions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna interactions
From: stunroe@orion.branch-co.lib.mi.us (Stu)
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 21:15:52 -0600
I would like to get an idea of how vhf/uhf antennas interact with hf
antennas, spacing required and the best way to arrange them. Bands I
would like to cover with the beams are 10-20, 6m, 2m, & 440. If possible
it would also be nice to have a 1 or 2 el 40m on the same tower.
Arrangement I have envisioned is something like this: (keep in mind I'm
not an artist HI)

               ''''''[''''  440 11el
            ''''''''''['''''''  2m 13el
        ''''''''''''''''['''''''''  6m
    ''''''''''''''''''''''[''''''''''   LP for 10-20m 8el @90'
                    []
                    []
                   /[]\
                /         \  40,80,160 dipoles

What spacing should be used on the antennas above, vhf/uhf antennas will
be vertical. One idea on the 2m & 440 is to use a stacking kit to get
the antennas out away from the boom so the elements dont clash. Another
is to do the stacked vertical beams for 2m&440 and replace the 6m with a
LP that covers 50-1300 mounted horizontally for working ssb in the
future. Any comments on what would work best? Thanks.
Steve KG8TX