[TowerTalk] Full Sized 40M Yagi Sources

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Full Sized 40M Yagi Sources
From: rlboyd@CapAccess.org (Rich L. Boyd)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 05:18:51 -0500 (EST)
Sorry I'm late getting into this -- was away operating at A61AJ and
A4/KE3Q.  I saw the comment on "Where is Telrex when you need them?" for
full size 40.  In fact, the Telrex 40 elements are not quite full size
either, just 60', equal length elements, hair pin matched to get
different resonant lengths.  I've almost decided to convert my three 2-el
40s to a big, fixed, long boom yagi by taking the elements, taking out
the center insulator, adding some length in the middle -- to make them
truly full size (We're talking 70' for the reflector, 65' for the DE) --
just using the element parts to make full size homebrew elements --
simpler, more straightforward design I think.

73 - Rich Boyd, KE3Q