[TowerTalk] Hinged Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hinged Towers
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 13:18:26 -0800 (PST)
>I have 60 ft of rohn 25 hinged at the base. use a 30ft phone pole immediately
>adjacent for a gin pole. the pole is back guyed. use a winch with 2 to 1
>mechanical atvantage via calbe. the pull point is in the middle of the tower.
>have a 3el quad on top. Cheap es eafy one man assy for the whole thing. 783 es
>gl Art

This gives me a couple more ideas . . . crazy maybe, but cheap and it just
might work.

You could replace the phone pole with three sections of Rohn 25, also back
guyed.  When the 60 foot tower is up, back guy it and raise a 90 footer . .
. just don't load it too heavily on the top.  Use two winches on the 90
footer.  One at 30 feet and one at 60 feet.  Make sure you don't kill
yourself . . .

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com