[TowerTalk] Murch UT-2000D Transmatch

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Murch UT-2000D Transmatch
From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller)
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 15:30:27 -0600
At 02:38 PM 12/30/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Hope everyone is having a happy and SAFE holiday season.
>
>I just happened onto a Murch UT-2000D transmatch for cheap money.
>It's in mint condx and looks like it hasn't been used much.
>
>Q-1. Does anyone have any info or opinions (either Pro or Con) about
>     this piece of equipment? Looks like it could handle itself if one
>     wanted to put the boots to it.
>
>     I've seen these ATU's around and mentioned in the past, but never paid
>     much attention as I had no interest at the time. (I shudda listened
>     anyway)!
>
>Q-2. Does anyone have a manual which they would be willing to copy for me,
>     of course I would pay the copying and shipping expenses for the manual.
>
>Thanks in advance for the info/help
>
>John K1RC
>35 mi NW of Boston

John....

If you got it for a good deal, then you have done OK.  This is the
commercial copy of the Ultimate Transmatch.  I built one years ago in an old
SB200 cabinet that I still use today.  Works great and will match just about
anything with 1500 watts.  If I rememeber correctly, the spacing on the caps
might be a little close.  I remember that some of them arced from time to
time with odd-ball loads on them.  I used Millen monster caps in mine and it
has never arced.  I changed the configuration from an Ultimate Transmatch to
an SPC type.  Worked better to tune in on 160.

You done good.  Use it for awhile....  If you don't like it..take it to
Dayton or better yet...call me.

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net