[TowerTalk] Does the JPS ANC-4 work?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Does the JPS ANC-4 work?
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 17:07:53 -0600
>Since you cant find a direction of the noise and its strongest at your QTH,
>see if you can get a handheld scanner and tune it to a VHF aircraft band
>(AM) freq., and take a walk around your house and property. If noise is too
>strong take the ant off.

Over the years, I've found three doorbell transformers that have given me
fits...
At close proximity, even an portable AM radio will work.  My 2m radio in the
car registers on the S-meter (LED's) as I approach and depart the offending
location--it's good within about 2 blocks.  With an HF radio in the car, I can
usually locate the offending site in just a few minutes.

73,
Dale, kg5u