[TowerTalk] Force 12 C-4

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force 12 C-4
From: KF8KW@aol.com (KF8KW)
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 21:53:58 EST
For you antenna guru's.

Bought a C-4 three years ago and once up in the air, worked great with no TVI
or other problems except on 40 meters when i drove her hard, a little cross
hatch showed up.  About 6 moths ago, high power on 40 would wipe out hard
wired cable into our home only.  No complaints from the neighbors when asked.
Reducing power to less than 500 out relieved the situation for awhile but now
even 100 watts cause sever TVI.  Three months ago wee changed to a satellite
dish with the same results.  TVI even at 100 watts on 40.

The antenna is set to be flat at 7.230 SWR wise and do run RTTY at 7.084 and
use a a tuner to smooth things out.  Have checked the integrety of the cables,
the PL259, and eveything I can think of with the exception of the balun.  It
is a Force 12 balun and in thinking about running some higher power with the
higher SWR on RTTY, wondering of the balun may have gone south on me.  SWR
curves are the same today as three years ago when the antenna was
installed(yes I charted them and kept a copy around).

I have sent e-mail to Tom at Force 12 twice on this issue but he appears to
busy to respond.  I need to keep the non ham XYL and the kids happy or else!

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks
Dave
KF8KW