[TowerTalk] TX455 anchor bolts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TX455 anchor bolts
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 16:05:08 -0500 (EST)
Sometimes its hard to get the parts you need for the tower base.  I have
moved my 71' Tristao (nee US Tower) 4 times in 28 years.  On the first move
Lou Tristao sent me replacement anchors.  When I moved to Atlanta in 1973
Lou had sold out.  I did talk to him and he said to go get 3 36" long 1"
universal galvanized threaded bolts.  (available at big hardware stores or
home depot).  If possible (per Lou) get then 6" longer and bend the bottom
6" at a right angle.  At the time, including the bend, this was about 30% of
the factory bolts.

The tower has been up over 18 years and the bolts still look good and the
nuts are easy to find.  Lou also sent me an open wrench that works with 1"
nuts and is about 3.5' long.  Boy can you leverage the nuts with this!!!

73, Dave K4JRB