[TowerTalk] Re: [M-E] MAI, Government by Corporations

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [M-E] MAI, Government by Corporations
From: ftbrady@earthlink.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 14:18:27 -0800 (PST)
Bob,
 My 'warning' was that the real agenda of the liberal/leftists in "Alliance
for Democracy" is not just anti corporation - it is anti capitalism.

 The Left and the anti NWO Right DO have a common enemy in the corporations
these days - I was just wanting to point out that very different motives
drive the two.

 Now, regarding your comments - I'm not sure I understand what you're
saying.  I'll comment in-line below.

Bob$ wrote:
>What is the big deal of the warning about constitutional democracy?

Bob --
 Sorry, but I don't understand the phrase 'constitutional democracy' and
what it has to do with the thread.  My comments were about the way
'democracy' has destroyed our Constitutional Republic by transforming it
into a government that legislates by popular demand rather than within the
limits of the Constitution as was intended.  Democracy is a very ugly word IMO.
 -- Frank

>If we get the big coporations as the target, what line of defense is there
>other than more "responsive to the people" government?

Bob--
The government must become more responsive to the peoples cry for a return
to Constitutional limitations - that is a far cry from the responsiveness
advocated by the liberal/left.
 -- Frank

>Cannot this be initiated at the state level, where it is closer to
>the people?

Bob--
 Yes, I think you are correct unless there has been another blurring of the
distinctions between state and federal power in this area (which I'm almost
sure is true).  I'm afraid that, like many other things, the original
purpose and definition of a corporation has changed - either defacto by
improper federal action or by the states ignoring the original purpose and
limitations on corporations.
 -- Frank