[TowerTalk] Getting back on HF

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Getting back on HF
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 20:30:13 EST
In a message dated 98-01-18 18:31:42 EST, w5al@arn.net writes:

>  What would be
>  the advantages/disadvantages of putting a 40-2cd and an X9 or X7 on the
>  same mast?  The vertical separation would be 12 ft, and the height of
>  the lower antenna would be 60' above ground.

Hi, Len --

     Other than the fact that no one has ever put one of the Cushcrafts on the
air - it sounds good to me.

     A high performance tribander up until now has been the TH7 or KT34XA. In
combination with the 402CD is a winning combination. While I think the X9 will
be a fine performer, the new Bencher Skyhawk looks very promising as well. The
TH11 is also worth consideration.

     Twelve feet separation is more than adequate. BTW, Potter County is an 85
MPH wind zone - you'll want to be real careful with mast selection. The 85 MPH
wind force is about three times what it is at 50 MPH.

73,  Steve  K7LXC