[TowerTalk] Mixing different coaxs

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mixing different coaxs
From: jccrtv@jccrtv.com (JCCR/TV, Inc.)
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 00:19:32 -0500
If this is a stupid question, please forgive me in advance. I have 9913
going from the shack out to the tower site. I don't want to run the 9913 up
a crank up because it's probably too rigid and would be damaged from the
lowering/raising motion. Can I use RG-213 or 8 from the antennas down the
tower and connect it to the existing 9913 that goes up to the shack? I've
never mixed coax before, hence my question: Is there a problem with velocity
factor/or capacitance/or signal loss mixing coax?

Jim KS1A