[TowerTalk] stacking monobanders

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] stacking monobanders
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 12:06:41 EST
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 17:09:55 -0500 Bruce Makas <k1my@nlis.net> writes:

>For example, ideally I would like to go 1.0 wavelength, 1.5 and 2.0
>but at 1.5 one of the guys interferes. One choice is to move the entire
stack
>of  mono's up 7 feet and maintain the 0.5 wavelength separation between
>them but lose the 1.0 above ground for the bottom one. The other choice
of
>course is 1.0 wavelength, 1.5 plus 7 feet and 2.0.

K1VR:  My recollection of the stacking curves in the W2PV book is that
they are very gentle.  My experience is that you don't want the bottom
Yagi in a stack too low.  I don't know a reason why either option above
should be preferred, but it can certainly be modeled. Me?  I'd move the
entire stack up seven feet, but more for symmetry than any other reason.
I'd model first.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]