[TowerTalk] Request for info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Request for info
From: DavisRFinc@aol.com (DavisRFinc@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 07:53:47 EST
Hi folks.   I would appreciate any input as to the following.  Occassionally
we hear that certain pieces of equipment (xcvrs, etc.) require a special cable
to interface to another peripheral, etc.  As custom cable designers, it has
been suggested that we look into a cable now and then in the sense that there
is a need for a source, or alternate source other than the OEM.  So far, the
few that have been unsolicited represent a scenario of very small demand in
the ham market so any result that we come up with would likely be not much of
a savings to the ham, given the small volume.
If you have any ideas as to cable assemblies that might be used in any
application, ham or commercial, on more than one here or there basis, I'd like
to look into these so as to make them available to hams at economical values
and also in some cases to OEM's at lower cost than they might be able to
obtain.  Therefore, the ideas you might have might also include accessory
cables available from the equipment mfr.  A description including what the
cable is used for, whether it is available from (Kenwood, Icom, etc).  If a
non stock special cable is used to facilitate a special application: a general
descrip of the application and the conductors/cables needed (shielded for
audio, 75 ohm, etc.).
Any thoughts you might have are appreciated.  Tnx vy much, 73, Steve Davis,
K1PEK, DAVIS RF Co., Division of Davis Associates, Inc.  Wire and cable
designers & std type distribution