[TowerTalk] New PL259 Connector

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] New PL259 Connector
From: henrypol2@juno.com (henrypol2@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 07:03:11 EST
When I'm not contesting or playing with antennas, usually in the summer
when it's too hot, I do a lot of saltwater fishing.  So, last night,
sitting in a motel room (on business trip) while reading about the latest
new marine electronics, I came across an item on a new PL259 connector
marketed by Shakespeare.  According to the magazine (Sport Fishing, 2/98)
writeup, this has even received an innovation award.

Specifically, it can be installed on a cable in as little as 35 seconds;
no soldering, measuring, stripping, or forming of coax.  Simply flush-cut
the coax, insert the end into the connector, squeeze the connector's
gripping fingers, screw a cover over the fingers, and you are done!

No information was given on power capability, price, or current
availability.  Shakespeare's contact avenues were given as 800-800-9008,
fax 803-276-8940, web site - www.shakespeare.com.

Anyone out there actually seen or used any of these?

73,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC (ex WB4HFL)
Raleigh, NC
"Trees are not for wire antennas only!"

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]