[TowerTalk] More baluns

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] More baluns
From: UpTheTower@aol.com (UpTheTower@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:54:33 EST
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

>So, can anybody recommend a good current balun to use with the 402CD,
>or is one even needed?  Why can't I just follow the directions in the
>manual and make a coil of coax?

K1VR:  K3LR loves the Force 12 balun.  I use a coil and five toroids on
my 40-2CD.  Ya just gotta seal the splitting of the coax like crazy.
Tape, goop, tape.

You done good to replace the screws on the trap.  Cushcraft knows about
this problem now, and I believe that they have changed the product, or
that they are going to change it.