[TowerTalk] BX/HDBX type towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BX/HDBX type towers
From: thompson@mindspring.com (David L. Thompson)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 22:30:47 -0500 (EST)
One response I got back from my "history" of the BX/HDBX tower is that Leo
at WRL sold 2,300 Globe Spires mostly of the 48 and 56 foot variety.  They
were king of the hill until the 25G came along.

W9GTA says the old Spaulding plant is still going under Rohn and points out
Spaulding made a lot more than towers.  My sister reminds me that the towers
at many airports such as the one near our house on St. Simons Island, Ga can
have a whole row of 56 footers.  These were installed in the mid 60's.

Dave K4JRB