[TowerTalk] BX & 10 foot boom

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] BX & 10 foot boom
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 00:47:03 -0800 (PST)
>>From the 1990 Rohn Catalog
>Form  89-2265R1:
>
>QUESTION:  Why is the boom length for the BX limited to 10 feet?
>(snip - statement on sq.ft. & boom length)
>

>ANSWER:
>No engineering data related to the use of longer booms is available
>for the BX, therefore Rohn cannot recommend the use of booms
>longer than 10 feet.
>
>=======================================
>--
>73 Robert  W5AJ  w5robert@blkbox.com

I have read the same thing Robert has about the 10 foot boom length limit.

I simply regard it as a "non-answer".  Rohn simply does not want to tell you
what they know about BX tower with booms longer than 10 feet.  Notice, they
said "no information was available" about it.  They didn't say they didn't
know anything about it.  I can't believe for a minute they don't know a LOT
about it.  It would be very easy for them to calculate it in detail and have
full information.  In fact, I would bet they have done it and they have the
info, and they would publish it, too, if it would help sell more towers
without getting them into trouble.  This is the only scenerio that makes any
sense to me.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com