[TowerTalk] RE:

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE:
From: steve@gamecash.com (Steve Weisbrod)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 98 10:21:00 -0600
Hi Gareth

Well it requires guys. They are supplied with the tower and are
Philstrand type. My 50ft tower has 3 guys and if I remember they are 40ft
out from the tower. The tower has a hinged base and 6 people walked it up
in one piece to erect it initially. You unhook 2 of the guys and with the
beams at the right position you can crank down the hazer system with the
antennas to ground level. I've had mine up and down probably 10 times it
is so simple.
I spent a lot of time figuring exactly where the tower should go. I put
mine in a woods behind my house and didn't want to cut down any more
trees than necessary.  I followed the directions that came with the tower
and have had no problems at all.

Make sure your rotor is working solid with good connections. I always
leave my beams oriented parallel to the tower face when I quit operating
so I can bring the hazer down if the rotor should fail. I understand that
the tower could be climbed if necessary to fix such a problem.
The tower can hold 16 sq ft of antenna at 80mph winds. I have a Force12
EF320 3 ele mono bander for 20m @ 51 ft and a Force 12 4BA a 12 ele 17
thru 10m @ 61 ft. We had 60 mph winds last year and it just sat there
like a rock. They describe everthing on their web site. I found the
quality,delivery and support to be excellent.

73 Steve W8GAZ

Hi Steve   I am thinking along the same lines. Glad to hear it is
working so well. Are there any pitfalls in the setting up I should watch
out for?? I have no desire to climb up a tower in the middle of winter
to fiddle with a bad connector. It is amazing how many hams I know
personally who have been injured fooling around with towers.

de ... N1MSV
 --

.....at the dawn of the New Age of Man,
     they will abide with us.