[TowerTalk] SWR problems A4S

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SWR problems A4S
From: kb3aug@juno.com (Bill Hinkle)
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 20:47:26 -0500
Hello all,
                  I have a Cushcraft A4S with the 40 meter kit. I use a
Bencher balun with it. The SWR has gone bonkers on 20, 15 and 10 meters,
40 is still ok. I have a remote coax switch and the other antennas hooked
to it are OK. So the problem is from the remote switch to the antenna.  I
noticed while checking it after it had set unused for a day or two the
SWR started out ok, but when I kept it keyed down on CW, I could see the
SWR just start climbing to over 3 to 1 in about 30 seconds at 100 watts.
Any ideas as to where I should start looking?

                73, Bill KB3AUG

                Riverton, WV

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]