[TowerTalk] RE:SWR problems A4S

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE:SWR problems A4S
From: jmarchand@ecrm.com (MarchandJohn)
Date: 9 Feb 1998 08:14:44 -0400
Hi Bill,

I have that problem occasionally with my A4S (no 40 m kit). One trap on
one side of the DE is not quite aligned with the drain holes facing down.
So, in theory, the trap is retaining enough water to short some of the
windings. I also think the endcaps are allowing water into the trap. When
the water freezes the trap winding shorts out until I use the antenna for
a while, thru a tuner. Once the ice thaws the antenna works as normal. I
use the coax coil balun on my antenna.

Hope this helps.

73,
John K1RC