[TowerTalk] Mosley antennas - Warning: Strong Language

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley antennas - Warning: Strong Language
From: w5rz@cswnet.com (Dennis Schaefer)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 18:42:29 -0600
>     Here are the measurements for the KT34XA:
>
>14.025  4.0 dBd
>14.100  4.0
>14.175  4.0
>14.250  3.5
>14.325  -2.5
>
>21.025  6.0
>21.125  4.5
>21.225  1.5
>21.325  0
>21.425  -1.5

I too am very interested in the test methodology.  The KT-34XA with its
dual driven element appears to be a broadbanded antenna.  If gain drops by
4.5 db (of any kind) by the time you get up to the low end of the 15M phone
band, something is wrong with that antenna!   To lose 6 db gain between
14.225 and 14.325 also seems illogical.   I have a KT-34XA being rehabbed
to  go up.  I am primarily a CW operator, but if the thing really plays
this way on phone, I would have second thoughts.  Again, I just have to be
dubious of this spectacular difference over a relatively small frequency
range!

Dennis,  W5RZ