[TowerTalk] Mosley antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley antennas
From: Dave_Raymond-CSUS04@email.mot.com (Dave Raymond-CSUS04)
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:50:21 -0600
Before I recently moved to my new QTH, I had a Mosley TA33 at 65' with a
two story house underneath it, making the effective height a lot less
than 65'.  Running 800w, I confirmed 310 countries with it in about  42
months, much of it at the bottom of the recent sunspot cycle.  It
competed quite well even in the largest of pileups. I had many
opportunities to do A/B comparisons with other hams in my local area,
some of which had considerably more antenna horsepower than I did.
While I'm not going to sit here and tell you it would beat out the big
DX Engineering stacks at at our local contest station, the TA33 always
held it's own with surprisingly modest differences in comparison to 3
high and 4 high monoband stacks.   It also survived two major ice storms
that took down almost everything else around that was similar to it.

What more you could ask from a triband antenna on a 14' boom???  A poor
performer?  I would hardly say so.

73. . . Dave
W0FLS