[TowerTalk] ANT. INSTALL

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ANT. INSTALL
From: qcr@qcislands.net (Pat Trautman)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 20:17:44 -0800
Is it possible to put a 80 meter vertical top loaded ant. above my 4
element 20 meter beam made by Hygain. The vertical ant. is 28 ft long to
the loading coil, which is another 18 inches long  then there is a
tuning rod of 4 ft. This ant. is what they use on ocean liners.
Would this type of instalation have an affict on the performance of the
beam?
The beam will be 71ft from the ground,  is this project worth while
doing or should I scrap the idea. Any input would be greatly
appreciated.

PAT
VE7QCR   NA051
email   qcr@qcislands.net