[TowerTalk] Unknown beam identified

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Unknown beam identified
From: k4sb@mindspring.com (K4SB)
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 01:05:15 -0800
Fellows thanks for all the responses. 5 of you correctly guessed that
the antenna sounded like
a Wilson System 36, but ole K4JRB remembered helping put it up, and he
nailed it as a Wilson.

And thanks to N7VY for the offer of a photocopy of the manual. Next is
to tear it apart and
overhaul it.  I may even add a couple more elements to it. BTW, I did
add another director to
a TA-33 back in 62, and it definitely did seem to help. For those of you
curious, I simply
bought 2 more traps, used a longer boom, and duplicated the director in
place minus about
3" on the interior and exterior side of the traps.

73

Ed