[TowerTalk] TA-33 Parts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TA-33 Parts
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 22:35:08 EST
From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               781/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Wed, 04 Mar 1998 22:12:34 -0500 "Roger L. Elowitz"
<K2JAS@worldnet.att.net> writes:

>I don't have Moseley's address or phone number handy here but I'm
>absolutely sure someone on the reflector will shoot them to you.  You
>can call them and they'll be happy to mail or fax you the parts list and
>assembly instructions.  I completely restored an old TA-33 last year
>and I know it can be done.
>
>Roger, K2JAS/4
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

K1VR:  Many moons ago, when Bill Clinton was still at W1YU's Law School,
I was at W1AF's Business School. The principal W1AF antenna was a TA-33
on 30' of Rohn 25, turned by a Ham-M, and on top of a three story
building (total height, for those of you are are strictly liberal arts
graduates and may not be able to add: about 60'). I just want to put in a
plug for the TA-33.  Ruggedly built, simple to erect, it worked very
well.

If I found a good deal on a TA-33 today, and needed it for a good reason,
I wouldn't hesitate to acquire one.  Still supported by the manufacturer,
a good design, and ruggedly built, it is a hell of an antenna.

I always marvel at designs which stand the test of the ages:  the TA-33,
the Johnson KW Matchbox, Rohn 25 and Rohn 45, the G5RV antenna, the
Bencher paddle, the T2X rotator, the TS-930, and the SB-220 come to mind.
 Don't you have to admire the guys who designed those items?   Come to
think of it, if you'd bought the above items  in 1975 or so, you'd still
have a pretty decent station, with which you could have a lot of fun, 23
years later. (Now don't bust my chops if one of those items wasn't
marketed until later -- you understand my point.)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]