[TowerTalk] 40-10 + warc on one boom or mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40-10 + warc on one boom or mast
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 1998 20:19:21 EST
In a message dated 98-03-06 12:07:01 EST, brunet@us.ibm.com writes:

> Is it theoretically possible to have 10-40 + warc on one boom or one mast?

     Sure - anything's possible. Is it practical and will it work - maybe.

     ANY antenna design contains some compromises in gain, F/B, bandwidth,
SWR, etc. You put more bands together on the same boom and you start making
more compromises.

>  Will the resonances of the various antennas cause too many problems?  I
have
>  heard a few bad storys about the Mosley Pro antennas but it appears that
> this
>  may be due to a quality control problem in the manufacturing of the traps.

     Piffle. There is a quality control problem in the DESIGN of the Mosley
PRO antennas.

> At
>  this point I am more interested in what research has been done from a
>  theoretical point of view, i.e. is it theoretically possible before I
> consider
>  whether it is practically possible?

      So buy yourself some antenna modeling software and some antenna books
and get to work.

>Beside single boom solutions, I am also
>  interested in single mast combinations like a F12 C3 or F12 5BA or TH11
> coupled
>  with a F12 EF240230 or a C3 plus 30m dipole coupled with one of the 3
> element
>  40m monobanders.

     Is there a question in there? The Force 12 antennas have made some very
interesting innovations in antenna electrical and mechanical design. They work
too as does the TH11.

>Recently for a few years I operated a station with Telrex
> 20
>  and 40 monobanders on the same mast and both seemed to be negatively
> effected
>  by the other (vswr and patterns).  They were about 10 feet apart.

       With that kind of spacing, the interaction problems are pretty
negligible. Is there a question in there or what?

      You've got lots of questions and it's never too late to start learning
some of the answers.

73 and GL,  Steve  K7LXC