[TowerTalk] Turnbuckle Mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Turnbuckle Mounting
From: shane@eatel.net (Shane Dugas)
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 1998 08:10:18 -0600 (CST)
If you can weld a plate or something to the post and you havn't purchased
your turnbuckles yet you can get the type with the shackle on one end instead
of an eye or hook.  I purchased a set of these for my future installation.
About the same price as turnbuckles with eyes or hooks.

>The only idea I've been able to come up with is to attach a screw eye bolt
>through the post and make a loop of strong, stiff cable about a foot or so
>in diameter.  I would 'string' the turnbuckles on the loop with a one or two
>inch bushing between each one to provide some fixed spacing.
>
>Have others made this sort of thing without cutting and welding?  I don't
>want to pay for 6 of the Rohn 'tension equalizers' unless they perform some
>function I can't get from a less rigid rig.
>
>Thanks,
>
> Frank T. Brady - W0ECS
> Wildomar, CA

//KK5LC                   //