[TowerTalk] 40-2CD/20 Meter ???

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40-2CD/20 Meter ???
From: kmccourt@mail.tbaytel.net (VE3KKM)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 02:27:14 -0800
Hello to all,
These questions have probably been asked before,I have had my 40cd for 5
months,the performance has been good at my low height of 48`(will
increase to 54` this spring).My tower is medium duty and i have noticed
that one corner of the rotor mounting plate has broken away from tower.
I suspect the wind load of the two beams has caused this.In order to
reduce wind load i was thinking of mounting my 3 elements for 20 on the
40 boom (two feed lines).Now the question is,if feasable should i
lenghten/shorten the 20/40 parasitic elements? Has anyone ever modeled
or tried this before? Should i just beef up my top tower section and
keep the 8` spacing ? If so should i put the 40 on top or 20(17` boom)?

I have also heard talk about the reflector lenght, not sure where i have
hear this but i believe the lenght was changed from the published lenght
to give better performance on SSB.
Any addional comments/insights on the 40-2cd would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
73 de
Kevin